Accessibility Policy and Plan
Interna is committed to provide an environment where people with disabilities are treated with dignity and fairness, allowing them to celebrate their individuality and independence. Our plan outlines the policies and actions to improve opportunities for people with disabilities.
We are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities in a timely manner and will be doing so by preventing barriers and meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Accessible Emergency Information
Interna is committed to provide individualized emergency response information to employees with disabilities when necessary.
Interna will provide training to all employees on the requirements of the Ontario accessibility standards and on the Human Rights Code as it relates to people with disabilities. Training will be provided in a way that is best for the position and we will ensure the incorporation of AODA training into our orientation program.
Information and Communications
Interna will consult with people with disabilities to determine their communication needs and to identify solutions based on them. Possible options could include:
- Enlarged Text
- Communication support either in person or over the phone
- Documents provided via email
Additionally, the following steps will be taken to ensure existing feedback processes are accessible to people with disabilities upon request.
- Company contact information will be clearly indicated on our website to facilitate requests
- The inclusion of any feedback or information that relates to the provision of goods and services to persons with disabilities
As part of our accessibility policy, our team at Interna will commit to implementing policies and procedures outlined in the Web Content Accessbility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
Interna will ensure that all content on our website is displayed in a format that is easily available to everyone and that our website graphics, content and structure are all in compliance with WCAG 2.0.
Interna is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
We will take the following steps to notify the public and staff that, when requested, Interna will accommodate people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes. Steps will be taken to ensure that:
- Information related to job postings and our recruitment policy are clearly stated on our website
- Interna will put a policy in place regarding individual accommodation plans and return to work policies for employees that have been absent due to a disability
- Interna will ensure that our return to work policy is in compliance with employment standards
- Interna will review individual circumstances with our goal of preventingand removing accessibility barriers as identified
For more information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact customer service, email@example.com. Accessible formats of this document are available upon request.
Click here to download our Accessibility Policy and Plan