At Interna we manufacture with a conscience. Our founder and president, Josef Kubecka has the utmost respect for the community and the environment. Our approach to achieve a sustainable as well as a socially and environmentally conscience establishment is explored in our environmental policy.
ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT & SUSTAINABILITY
At Interna we strive to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels and to systematically eliminate off charge pollutants into the atmosphere, waterways and landfills. We consistently use material that can easily be recycled rather than elements that are non-biodegradable.
Well-managed eco-systems are central to our operations. A brief summary of how we maintain a sustainable establishment that is socially and
environmentally responsible is provided below.
From design to production, we are conscience of using materials and implementing manufacturing processes that minimize energy consumption without compromising efficiency. Interna’s goal is to continually reduce its environmental footprint. We aim to achieve a closed loop service. Additionally, our environmental practices are mindful of the following:
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation (we do not use water during our manufacturing process)
- Solid waste management
- Hazardous waste management
- Indoor air quality
- Building infrastructure
- Land use
- Environmental management
As vendors, we are committed to enabling our clients to achieve sustainable buildings and projects. We therefore provide products that facilitate LEED certification by providing products that are supportive of credits in the following categories:
- Regional Materials
- Rapidly Renewable Materials
- Recycled Content
- Certified Wood
- Indoor Environmental Quality
Our commitment to green practices includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Fabric left-overs and leather remnants or cut-offs are donated for recycling
- Foam scraps are donated to recyclers for the manufacture of carpet underlay
- Wood remnants are donated for firewood
- Non reusable packaging is sent to be recycled
Interna is committed to using environmentally friendly materials and uses recycled and sustainable materials whenever possible. Our materials list below outlines this.
- Wood: Our hardwood frames are made from sustainable forests. Our wood supplier is certified for Forest Stewardship Council Chain of Custody and Controlled Wood
- Foam: We only use CFC substance free polyurethane foam or natural latex foam. Our foam supplier has achieved CertiPUR-US certification
- Metals: Our metals contain recycled content and are recyclable
- Glue: The adhesive we use is water based and contains no formaldehyde
- Stains: We use non-toxic polyurethane wood stains
- Our Pionite Laminates are Greenguard certified
- Fabrics: Our textile partners offer many fabrics with 100% recycled content and their fabrics are Greenguard certified.
- Packaging: Our furniture is shipped blanket wrapped whenever possible, or packaged with recycled material
- Travel, courier and shipping activities are managed in an efficient manner emphasizing consolidation whenever possible without sacrificing customer satisfaction and our quick lead times
- Our sales force encourages clients to refer to our website for product information, cutsheets, prices etc.
- Paper waste is kept to a minimum and recycled whenever possible
- Our facilities are climate controlled adjusted to hours of operations
- We maintain a healthy and environmentally friendly workplace
Interna values people and promotes equity and inclusivity through diversity. Interna is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are treated with respect and dignity.
- Interna provides employees with a safe and healthy workplace environment by complying with all health and safety legislation and educating workers on workplace safety and injury prevention
- Our supplies are from North America and Europe where respect for human rights and labour laws are respected and upheld
- We believe mutual respect is promoted through communication and education
- Accommodations such as specific training strategies and mentoring opportunities are provided to support employees and ensure success
Interna is keen on sourcing material from local manufacturing industries and suppliers to promote economic development within the community. We support local community development initiatives such as youth programs and activities.
Click HERE to learn more about our environmental policy and commitment to the environment